Cakasa Ebenezer Foundation extends its heartfelt congratulations to all participants and winners of the recently concluded Bookville Reading Competition’s Sixth Edition, hosted at the Alliance Francaise on November 18th, 2023.
This annual competition, organised by Bookville World, a proud member of the literary community operating from the platform of a bookstore, witnessed an exceptional display of literary enthusiasm and talent. The Foundation commends the efforts of the 60 contestants drawn from various private and public schools in Rivers State. Their dedication to fostering a culture of reading amongst school-aged children reflects a significant stride toward achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 4 and 17, emphasizing quality education and partnerships.
The Sixth Edition, spanning from October 14th to October 21st for preliminaries and culminating in the grand finale on November 18th, showcased the commitment and passion of the young participants. Notably, this competition isn’t merely an inter-school rivalry but a platform designed for capacity building among students.
Cakasa Ebenezer Foundation was delighted to witness the emergence of talented winners:
- First Place: Miss Onyekachi Daniel Miracle, JSS 1 Student of Ash Merlyn International School.
- Second Place: Miss Udoeyop Amarachukwu, JSS 1 Student of Teko Secondary School.
- Third Place: Miss Obibi Mabose Vania, JSS 3 Student of The Citadel Schools.
Additionally, special recognitions were awarded to commendable contestants:
- The Purple Shelves Award for The Most Determined Contestant: Miss Blessing Moses-Alozie from Community Junior Secondary School, Oginigba, Port Harcourt.
- The Keeping It Real Foundation Award for The Most Improved Contestant: Miss Chidera Ndigwe from Wisdom Gate International School, Port Harcourt.
The Foundation is proud to have contributed to the success of this competition, presenting the second prize winner, Miss Amarachukwu Udoevop, with the CAKASA Education Cash Award of N50,000. This contribution underscores our commitment to supporting initiatives that promote education and learning among our youth.
The Cakasa Team was also thrilled to win books during the competition, further reaffirming our dedication to fostering a culture of reading and knowledge acquisition.
The invaluable lessons gleaned from this edition of the Bookville Reading Competition reinforce the need to continue supporting and expanding such initiatives in the future, aiming to reach an even greater number of students.
As we look ahead, Cakasa Ebenezer Foundation reaffirms its commitment to empowering youth through education, fostering a love for reading, and supporting initiatives that promote sustainable development.